For make Crust :
2 + 1/2 cups biscuits cracker crumbs
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup melted butter
For make the Filling :
3 packages (8 ounces each) softened cream cheese
1 1/4 cups sugar
3 tblps mushy lemon juice
1 tblsp grated lemon peel
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For make the Glaze:
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
2 tblsp grated lemon peel
6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
For the Crust:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine the cracker crumbs, sugar and butter.
3. Press onto the bottom and 2 in up the sides of a 9-in. spring form pan.
4. Put everything on a baking sheet.
5. Bake for 10 minutes or so until set.
6. Take out of the oven and set aside to prepare the filling.
For the Filling:
1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with sugar until it softens.
2. Add eggs; beat with low speed until blended; add lemon juice and stir,
3. Add lemon peel and vanilla and keep stirring until everything is well combined.
4. Pour the mixture into crust; return pan to baking sheet.
5. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set.
6. Let it cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen, but do not remove ring; keep it in the refrigerator for one night.
7. Remove the ring when you are ready to glaze.
For the Glaze:
1. In a small heavy saucepan, beat the eggs, sugar, and lemon juice and keep mixing until blended.
2. Add butter; cook the mixture, and stir constantly, until mixture is thick and covers the back of a metal spoon.
3. Transfer the mixture to small bowl; cool for 10 minutes.
4. Cover and keep it in the refrigerator until cooled for one night.
I recommend preparing the lemon glaze the day you make the cheesecake if you like the glaze really cold and doesn’t run